1. You are not straight.
2. You suggest there is a set way straight guys act.
3. You suggest there is a set way gay guys act.
4. You know 2 and 3 are stereotypes, not to talk of ridiculous.
5. You see, even if 2 and 3 were a little true, then “straight-acting” would be synonym for “pretending to be someone else”, and unless you’re between a script and camera lights, well…
6. You set a precursor to prejudice against effeminate men.
7. You endorse the suppression of self-expression.
8. You endorse heteronormativity.
9. You raise problematic concerns about gender, misogyny and patriarchy.
10. You just can’t.
The right to your preferences? Yes.
The right to your prejudices? No.
Written by Absalom