International Center for Advocacy on the Right to Health (ICARH) is a nongovernmental organization committed to ensuring that key target populations have access to adequate legal and healthcare services in Nigeria.
ICARH is pleased to advertise for the position of a:
STRATEGIC KNOWLEDGE MANAGER (SKM)
Directly Responsible to the Director of Programs
- Programme research
- Monitoring and Evaluation support to the ICARH team.
- Take lead on designing and implementing research and evaluation strategies
- Improve programme monitoring systems and processes, monitoring programme performance.
- Build monitoring and evaluation capacity of the programme team.
- Build on identified opportunities to lead the design and implementation of research in accordance with ICARH’s vision and approach to development, ICARH strategic direction, and in recognition of the distinctive contribution of volunteers.
- Lead on identifying research partnerships and possible collaboration with the academia, research institutes, the private sector and potential consortium with other NGOs.
- Ensure that ICARH and partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the countries or regions; monitoring the socio-economic trends and the countries’ wider policy, economic or institutional contexts, to facilitate planning and draw conclusions on the impact on programs.
PROGRAMME PERFORMANCE MONITORING:
- Lead on the development, improvement and delivery of the office SKM strategy, systems and operational plans, in accordance with global SKM standards.
- Provide technical inputs in programme design (program area review, annual review and ICARH’s strategy development, program regeneration, etc.).
- Develop and harmonize ICARH’s SKM related tools and processes with those of donor requirements on specific projects.
- Working closely with programme team, develop results framework for specific projects.
- Coordinate with programme team to ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits are standardized across programme to feed into programme performance monitoring.
- Lead on conducting data quality assurance and verification process to ensure that accurate and verifiable reporting data or results are captured.
- Support program teams to effectively monitor and report progress.
- Coordinate with programme team members to complete the quarterly data collection and analysis of programme data and projects’ statistics.
- Provide professional input to management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports.
- Conduct internal Data Quality Assurance (DQA).
- Lead in designing suitable evaluation strategies and methods for ICARH in compliance with the standard evaluation.
- Ensure the quality of the field work and data management during the implementation phase.
- Ensure management response to findings and recommendations is documented and necessary action taken.
SKM CAPACITY BUILDING:
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of SKM function among all staff members and volunteers through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Collaborate to implement capacity building strategies as a joint commitment with other development partners.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum BSc Degree or its equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Sound understanding of formative/summative design, impact evaluation design and implementation
- Strong IT skills and data management
- Excellent Microsoft Office use (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Skilled in handling data and the ability to analyze and synthesize data and evidence from different sources
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience in use of communications skills.
- Experience in use of statistical packages e.g. (SPSS, STATA, EPI Info);
Interested persons should send a comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MICROSOFT WORD DOCUMENT. All applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th of September, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be ready to attend interviews at very short notice.