‘Call Me By Your Name’ Sequel May No Longer Be Happening

‘Call Me By Your Name’ Sequel May No Longer Be Happening

Despite previously confirming that a Call Me By Your Name sequel was on the way, director Luca Guadagnino has now suggested it’s unlikely to happen.

The film’s original stars, Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer, were slated to reprise their roles in an adaptation of André Aciman’s follow-up novel, Find Me, but Guadagnino cast doubts on the reunion in a recent interview with Deadline.

Speaking on the set of his forthcoming film, Bones & All, the director said: “The truth of the matter is, my heart is still there, but I’m working on this movie now, and I’m hopefully going to do Scarface soon, and I have many projects and so will focus on this side of the Atlantic and the movies I want to make.”

Luca Guadagnino directing Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer on the set of Call Me By Your Name

The director is busy with his new film, Bones & All, which brings together a number of his former collaborators, including Chalamet and Michael Stuhlbarg (CMBYN), as well as Chloë Sevigny and Francesca Scorsese (We Are Who We Are). The horror film is an adaptation of Camille DeAngelis’ 2015 novel of the same name, and tells the story of Maren, a cannibalistic young woman living on the fringes of society, and Lee, a disenfranchised drifter, who fall in love on a journey across Ronald Reagan’s America.

If that’s not enough, Guadagnino also has a thriller – the grimly-titled Born to be Murdered – dropping on Netflix next year, is working on an adaptation of Lord of the Flies, teaming up with Seth Rogan on a feature adaptation of the 2017 documentary, Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood, and directing a Scarface remake written by the Coen brothers.

Guadagnino isn’t the only one who doesn’t seem available for the sequel of the cult classic: Chalamet is busy making blockbusters like Dune and starring as a young Willy Wonka in a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory prequel, while Hammer has been dropped from numerous projects in light of sexual abuse allegations against him.

Previous THE DAY WHEN WE JUST ARE (A Message About Pride)
Next Nigerian Government bans Twitter “indefinitely” following deletion of President Buhari’s tweet

About author

You might also like

The Happenings 9 Comments

People Are Suggesting Hilarious Titles for the ‘Call Me by Your Name’ Sequel

The film’s director said the title couldn’t be Call Me by Your Name Two, so fans took matters into their own hands.   Academy Award-winning, gay coming-of-age film Call Me

Editor's Desk 56 Comments

KD’s Fashion Police: The Met Gala 2015

Hello, guys, it’s John Ocean again, yes that John Ocean, and no thank you, I did not. So, the Met Gala came and went, and I loved every minute of

The Happenings 26 Comments

Ian McKellen Tops Russian Maxim List of ‘Forgiven Gays’

It’s been far too long since something offensively anti-gay came out of Russia. To remedy this, the Russian version of the men’s magazine Maxim released a list titled “Gays We

1 Comment

  1. McDuke
    June 05, 14:37 Reply

    Why do I have a feeling this has more to do with Armie Hammer’s recent sexual misconduct allegations than all these excuses been given…quite unfortunate for the dude…not the best of times for him and his career.

Leave a Reply